- School Board
- Human Resources and Operations
- Athletic Trainers
- Health and Wellness Program
- Previous Superintendents
- Washington County Community Scholars
- Closing of Schools Brochure
- Free/Reduced Meals Application
- Fee Reduction / Waiver Form
- Child Nutrition Programs
- Out of District / Out of Zone
- PTA Council
- PowerSchool Parent Portal
- Registration and Admission
- School Nutrition Refund/Funds Transfer Form
- Student Accident Claim Form
- Transcript Request
- Work Permits
- Online Services
Rhea Valley Elementary School Fifth Grade Presents "Phyllis Wheatley"
Fri, April 13, 2018
On February 27th and 28th, Mrs. Cathy Hutton’s fifth grade IE group gave play performances about the life of Phillis Wheatley, famous poet of colonial America.
The play, written by Timothy Nolan, portrayed Phillis’ life as an enslaved person living in Boston in the 1700’s. The actors and actresses communicated Miss Wheatley’s great success as a published poet, whose writing reflected her desire for America to be free from British rule. While learning their roles, cast members gained knowledge about the formal vocabulary and the type of clothing used during colonial times.