- School Board
- Human Resources and Operations
- Athletic Trainers
- Health and Wellness Program
- Previous Superintendents
- Closing of Schools Brochure
- Free/Reduced Meals Application
- Fee Reduction / Waiver Form
- Child Nutrition Programs
- Out of District / Out of Zone
- PTA Council
- PowerSchool Parent Portal
- Registration and Admission
- School Nutrition Refund/Funds Transfer Form
- Student Accident Claim Form
- Transcript Request
- Work Permits
- Online Services
The Washington County School System is home to over 7300 students working in 15 locations at the elementary, middle and secondary levels. In addition, there is a career and technical center that offers our students the opportunity to explore and develop skills that leads to gainful employment in the work force.
Approximately 670 professional staff and 355 support staff are employed to lead a school system that is "Committed to the Success of Every Student". The level of professional development continues to grow each year for this group.
During the mid 1960's the Washington County school system became the first rural public school system to have all of its schools accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS). This process has continued on an annual basis.
With the dawning of the era of accountability, the individual schools have all achieved state accreditation and have all made adequate yearly progress.
A significant milestone was achieved in the spring of 2004 as the decision was made to begin the process of district accreditation as outlined by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools. It is believed that this will accelerate the school improvement process in Washington County and the following material is evidence of that process.
Statistics and Other Information
- Student Membership as of January 2018 (PDF Format - (Adobe Reader Link)
- Virginia School Report Card
- Attendance Zones (JPG Image Format)
School profiles, Standards of Learning test scores, and annual reports from the schools are available by selecting a school from the menu.